Lea Michele’s debut single, “Cannonball,” is here! And it’s pretty good! Written by Sia Furler and produced by Stargate & Benny Blanco, “Cannonball” is an infectious little ditty with a driving beat, bright piano line, and simple melody that will have you humming along in no time! Name recognition and the waning power of Glee have managed to launch the song into the U.S. iTunes top 10 – will pop radio embrace Lea Michele’s new venture?
Check out “Cannonball” below!
Lea Michele released a preview of her debut single, “Cannonball,” today, and all I gotta say is – don’t these pop girls know they can record a Sia song without trying to emulate her trademark marbles-in-mouth delivery and phrasing to a T? It’s an epidemic! See: Rihanna’s “Diamonds,” Celine Dion’s “Loved Me Back to Life,” Katy Perry’s “Double Rainbow,” Rita Ora’s “Radioactive,” etc. But I digress.
Otherwise, “Cannonball” sounds promising! It doesn’t scream “hit” to me and I probably would’ve preferred something uptempo, but Lea’s vocals are great and the hook seems sufficiently catchy/empowering. Lea also unveiled the artwork for her new album (seen above) – it’s called, “LOUDER.” She looks a bit damp, but I’m still looking forward to it! Caps lock title and all!
“Cannonball” will be available on iTunes tomorrow, December 10th, the same day “LOUDER” goes up for pre-order. Check out a preview of the song via Soundcloud below!
I’ll waste no time – here’s what you need to know:
- Lea Michele’s debut studio album is called, “Louder.”
- “Cannonball,” the lead single from “Louder,” is out on iTunes on December 10th, the same day the album goes up for pre-order.
- “Cannonball” was written by Sia Furler. This is big stuff.
- The album will include a tribute song to late boyfriend Corey Monteith and maybe some collaborations with Bonnie McKee.
- “I came in like a caaaaaaaaannonballllllllllll…”
I lost track of Glee during season 3, but Lea has some killer pipes, so I’m anxious to hear what she’s come up with in the studio!