Lea Michele’s debut single, “Cannonball,” is here! And it’s pretty good! Written by Sia Furler and produced by Stargate & Benny Blanco, “Cannonball” is an infectious little ditty with a driving beat, bright piano line, and simple melody that will have you humming along in no time! Name recognition and the waning power of Glee have managed to launch the song into the U.S. iTunes top 10 – will pop radio embrace Lea Michele’s new venture?
Check out “Cannonball” below!
I’ll waste no time – here’s what you need to know:
- Lea Michele’s debut studio album is called, “Louder.”
- “Cannonball,” the lead single from “Louder,” is out on iTunes on December 10th, the same day the album goes up for pre-order.
- “Cannonball” was written by Sia Furler. This is big stuff.
- The album will include a tribute song to late boyfriend Corey Monteith and maybe some collaborations with Bonnie McKee.
- “I came in like a caaaaaaaaannonballllllllllll…”
I lost track of Glee during season 3, but Lea has some killer pipes, so I’m anxious to hear what she’s come up with in the studio!
And it would be a real dream come true if Glee were still relevant.
Remember how on a Tuesday night Glee used to DEMOLISH the iTunes charts? How around 9:00pm, every single Glee cover would just skyrocket into the iTunes top 10, usually dragging the corresponding original songs along for the ride (at least part of the way)? Hell, Glee helped bring fun.’s “We Are Young” and Cee Lo’s “F*** You” into the public consciousness. Wouldn’t it be swell if Marina could enjoy the same fate? Continue reading